Friday, February 21, 2014

Razor Maintence

Taming of the beard is an ongoing battle.  About ten years ago I ditched the blade and invested in a more cost effective method.  I bought a Braun 8595.  This unit came with a base that charged and cleaned the razor.  The cleaning is basically an alcohol rinse while the blade turned on and off.  Coming up on a decade of use, my razor was starting to run a little sluggish.  This seemed like reason enough to take apart. 


It was gross, the amount of hair trapped inside of the body of the razor.  The picture only shows 5% of what I dumped and brushed out.  The base needs a better seal between the motor compartment and the blades.  The hair was acting like sand in the motor.  I can see why it was struggling.  After cleaning it all out and re assembled, it was really hummin'.  Maybe it will last another 10 years now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment